Sunday, October 25, 2009

Aircon No Need Money, But I Need!

Seriously, somebody should do something about the air-conditioning in KBOX @ Safra Jurong. It's so strong that even though we are armed with super-thick jackets, we all ended leaving the place with a leaky nose.

It's leaking now as I type, even after a warm shower, a hot coffee and two tabs of Panadol Flu Extra. :( God, did we just pay a hundred bucks and spent a beautiful saturday night to make ourselves sick? This is so uncalled for.

Anyway, the K session was typical, and we ended up singing the same old songs again - The Jay Chou, Stefanie Sun, Gary Tsao, Jolin Tsai medleys. Of course, there was no avoiding ending off with silly songs from Spice Girls and Lady Gaga.

To be very honest, it was my first look at the Paparazzi Music Vid and I thought it was awesome. A little bimbotic, but packed with lovely glitter and vivid colours which are amazingly pleasing to my visual palate.

Oh well, at least it was a fun and relaxing session with B & S, and somehow, I was too bored the entire day to mind.

Speaking of which, my austerity drive has been pretty successful so far. Managed to keep within a 50 for this week's activities. One more week to go before my pay check comes in - not incredulously fat, but sustainable. Not to mention I have tonnes of bills to pay off. My debtors are fortunately, either friends, telcos or CC companies, and I don't reckon I will have splashed paint and choppers over me soon! :)

Speaking of choppers, I was watching the Jamie Oliver show on Discovery Channel today, and he was trying to start a campaign to get people to cook in an over-industrialized "fast-food" town. Though it was over-dramatized in certain areas, I thought the concept was cool. The "Pass-it-on" where he taught a batch of people to cook and in turn, they taught another batch and passed it on in a viral effect. That's how cool! I wish someone start something like that in Singapore, maybe get Martin Yan or something, even though he can cook but can't really speak well. :p

I wish to start something big - sort of a revolution. But who am I to say, when I can't even get a proper job yet? This is starting to get a little disheartening, and things at work seems to be going downhill by the day in my current temp job. Not cast in stone, but my intuition says I won't last.

And the last thing I want is for people to assume that I just can't work. Because I have been having a bad spate of luck since I graduated, and most of it, frankly, it is not my fault. But ahh, not going to go into that again. I will just keep trying and trying until I find the perfect job then. But to be frank, I will sure miss alot of the colleagues should I not be confirmed. :(

No comments:

STAR HIGHLIGHTS - Beautiful Bali

Bookmark and Share