Friday, November 06, 2009

Random Random

As I sit in the cold and quiet "hot seat" well hidden from flying daggers and piercing arrows, I heave a sigh of relief. Somehow, this strategic move didn't prove to be that detrimental after all - at least I get two huge tables to myself, with all of my stuffs strewn across like a buffet spread. Lovely, somehow I feel that there is no need to pack and file anymore.

My life has been bland since the last update: the usual things, the usual hanging out, the usual friends, the usual suspect. Then again, it's rare for me to not be usual. I am pretty much a conformist except when it comes to Interactive Digital Media which we are trying so much to promote. New media they call it, same old brand new media I call it. Just the same old traditional pressroom magnified onto a digital screen, for what they call instant feedback (but yet somehow regulated by moral obligations and a duty for self censorship).

I think there's something about an educator who put up scandalous links on his FB account and stupidly broadcast them to all his students, which in the first place, should not be on his FB account. What is this? Public Broadcast Service? Hahaha! Sometimes I get too cynical about the work I do (I just made fun a second time about my job scope, for discerning readers). Anyway, back to the teacher. And so he got a warning, and resigned and decided not to be involved in teaching anymore. OK, it was technically his fault, but I thought the only fault was his indiscretion of not seperating work from his personal life. Two thumbs down! Other than that, he is entitled to cyber-lust and he didn't need to apply Cyber Wellness rules to himself. (Ok, that's a third time, this blog post is SO NOT going out)

Teacher aside, what's that about Ris Low taking english lessons at NUS under the sponsorship of NLB? That's a huge boo-boo. Apparently NLB has disassociated all links with her, and enlightened the public on how it's just wishful thinking on her own part to be Singapore's Next Top (English) Role Model. Somehow, that girl needs to drill it into her brain that too much exposure isn't that good, or I'm afraid she will go down the roads of self-ruins and never see the light of day again. And yes, the KNNBCCB on The Shan and Ross show is still a huge faux pas. God Save me!

I just heard a damn "duh" joke on her today:

Q: Where does Ris Low stay?
A: Pasir Ris Lo!

Ok that was damn random and abrupt. But she got people talking about her in their random smoke breaks and lunch hours. She has effectively reduced work productivity because people BITCH about her in GROUPS during their FREQUENT slacking breaks.

Alright, back to hugging my Green Starhub pillow and looking at my Lotus Notes.

No comments:

STAR HIGHLIGHTS - Beautiful Bali

Bookmark and Share