Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Interview

Today's interview at Rice was a very good learning experience. I was told not to regurgitate facts and figures and prepared speeches right in the middle of the interview.

I guess I'm still pretty new to all these interviews and it is indeed a gruelling session for me each time I go, but everytime I go for an interview, I learn something I should or should not do. I am guessing by the time I complete 15 to 20 interviews, I should be well prepared and armed for any kind of interviewer that comes my way. Haha.

The interviewer today was really cool, and even though I think I failed to impress, she was very patient and tolerant with me. Here's feeling that she would and could be a good boss if the opportunity arises. Oh well, the ball is not in my court now, and I am not able to predict the outcome this time.

Well, we all learn. And we got to constantly innovate. I personally feel that the templates for interviews, how to ace at interviews, how to impress your interviewers guides online and offline are crap. I will not ever take a look at them again. It totally destroys the chance of being personal with the interviewer because of the many reservations and standard answers you are dying to spit out at any chance.

Now, who's going to read "Dillie's Idiot Guide to Successful Job Interviews"? Hahaha.

No comments:

STAR HIGHLIGHTS - Beautiful Bali

Bookmark and Share