Saturday, August 29, 2009

Of Complaining & Managing Expectations

Well, everyone complains, and I believe it is fair for all to complain when things go wrong, and they are bottled up to the neck with difficulties and obstacles to surmount. And I complain too, way too much as some of my friends told me though.

Well, I am not going to justify my complaints, nor am I going to say I am sorry for complaining. But I do realize that after complaining, I get my things done, and I find solutions and answers, so I don't do an empty complaint.

I am ok with people complaining to me, but I am not alright with people saying I complain too much when I do not complain to them at all. Do not take your preconceived judgments and lay it all upon me. I may be younger once and more whine-ish, but I do know where I've moved on and become more professional in my conduct and behavior. And so, I loathe and I cannot condone people throwing their accusations upon me and measuring me by a yardstick that was established long ago, because people do change, and I do not appreciate crap.

That being said, I am not going to stop complaining, because if I reach a point where I cannot complain to my real friends, it's when I am totally satisfied with my life, and that is when I close my eyes, and look upon my life as a floating spirit, cursing the world with my last breath. Period.

Case closed upon the complaints. Another topic that dwelled upon me from yesterday's meet-up with a bunch of friends was the issue of committing to a relationship that seems to kill of a person's social life.

I believe and endorse relationships of any kind, because relationships help people to grow, to be more sensitive, to understand more about people you care about, and to make certain sacrifices or changes. I do not believe that just because someone has changed in his way of life and become more held back and settled, he is unhappy. True, that certain someone has more whining about the relationship and feel very pressured, but there is no hint that a change in environment indicates that he is upset and the relationship would not last.

I firmly stand by myself, that a relationship will allow yu to have a crystal clear appraisal of yourself everyday, as you grow closer and bond in unity. Be it friends, family or lovers, the process does not differ much, and it is relatively similar. Love others, love yourself; be happy and troubled. Because like I say, if you divert your energies to other forms of life, you will eventually find that there is so much to bitch about this far from perfect world.

So I urge everyone who reads this, complain, love and bitch like you never had before it's too late.

1 comment:

uglysingaporean said...

stop complaining la! Super whiny!

Coffee soon at our favourite coffeeshop for complaining session!

STAR HIGHLIGHTS - Beautiful Bali

Bookmark and Share