Monday, August 10, 2009

On Work and Singapore Idol

So the holiday has finally come to an end, and it's time to start my new phase in life. To be frank, this would be my real actual job since the previous stint at Rice was more of an internship than a full-time appointment.

Woah, it's been one month since I had the 9- 6 ++++++++++++ lifestyle and being in an office for the most part of my day. Something to look forward to? Definitely. There is, however, a weird tinge of fear in me that things might be erupting at godspeed when I'm in the job, and that I cannot meet up to the huge wedge of responsibility slapped onto my shoulders. After all, I am going to work in a world class hotel chain, on a world class event, with only one direct boss and no other colleagues. Quite intimidating for a freshie like me. Of course I will endeavour to do my best, but I just can't help feeling... a little scared. Human nature, at its peak.

And the ringing in my ear persists. I am so paranoid that it would affect my work. All I wish now is that it becomes better before I report for work tomorrow, or I would be in serious trouble since it has affected part of my hearing and has induced me to start mumbling because every voice I project seems to be refracted within my ear drums and it makes me feel like I'm shouting when I'm actually like Mr. Careless Whisper in Singapore Idol.

Speaking of which, I thought Singapore Idol was pretty entertaining, even though I realized that certain elements might have been planted to spice up the whole clip. To be frank, I thought Avril Lavinge was totally a scam, and she must have been paid loads to be featured in such a light. Lady Gaga was superb, in fact, I thought she deserved a chance. She wasn't half as bad as some high pitched screechy gay dudes whom the trio let through... Hell Gate Warrior was so lame I can't help but think he's paid too... And the horrid snippets from the audition at the back... makes me think of how they sabotaged me during Star Idol many years back to make a fool of me. It was totally taken out of context. But oh well, such is Television and such is life. If you dare to show up, be prepared to make a mockery out of yourself if you do not have what it takes. Hahaha.

The weekend was boring. I hope the new week brings with it some new excitement in life. And also, bring back all my friends who have mysteriously disappeared into different parts of Asia. :) Safely.

No comments:

STAR HIGHLIGHTS - Beautiful Bali

Bookmark and Share